Start your day off right with this convenient Breakfast Casserole. Just reheat a piece in the microwave and you have a very quick, filling breakfast.
Makes 16 servings
- 2 lbs. Pork sausage - I get the spicey
- 32 ounces frozen mixed vegetables
- 12 ounces shredded hard cheese (I get a mix of parmesan, romano and asiago cheese from the cheese counter)
- 3 cups Old fashioned rolled Oats
- 18 eggs
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 Tablespoon dried Herbs - My current favorite is Tarragon
- Cooking spray - I use coconut
Large fry pan
13 x 8 x 2 Casserole Dish
Large mixing bowl
Medium mixing bowl
Hands on time 20 minutes
Bake in oven at 325 for 90 minutes
- Brown sausage on medium-high heat for 2-½ - 3 minutes per side until GBD (golden brown and delicious)
- Crack eggs into medium bowl, add milk, and herbs. Beat well.
- Mix sausage, vegetables, rolled oats, and cheese in large bowl.
- Spray casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Add sausage mixture to dish. Pour eggs slowly over the top.
- Bake on middle rack in 325 degree oven for 90 minutes.
- Let cool in the dish on cooling rack.
- Cover with plastic wrap and put into the refrigerator ready to go for breakfast tomorrow morning.
Easy pezzy! Yum!